I will admit it was the name that drew me in. Foundation for your nails sounds so much more exciting than 'base coat'. I've tried my fair share of base coats over the years, Seche Vite, Nails Inc and Mavala to name a few. Most of them have been relegated to the back of a drawer, i haven't conducted scientifically controlled experiments but my initial thoughts were those of waste and time
But this is offering from Butter London is something else....
- This dries matt and therefore has that super speedy drying time that matt nail varnishes seem to possess. First win.
- It is a base/ridge filler in one. A sturdy foundation.
- The colour is actually wearable alone for a nice 'polished' nail look
- It is free from Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens
- This makes my nail varnish go on beautifully smooth and adds about two days to wear time.
- And finally it is reasonably priced in my opinion. At £15 as you get a whopping 17.5ml of product that works!
Pictured with it is another favourite of the moment, Ciate in Cookies and Cream. This is a beautiful beige/grey which doesn't pull purple, perfect for mannequin hands. It really is the nicest nude I own.
This is the first thing i have tried from Butter London but based on this i'm thoroughly tempted to try some of their nail varnish colours, 'Tart with a Heart' is calling my name!
What are your experiences with base coats and Butter London?